I have worked with a diverse range of issues that people typically approach a counsellor for help with. This includes stress, anxiety, depression, low self-esteem and relationship problems. I’ve also worked with people who have suffered abuse and other major trauma that has had significant impact on their life. It is difficult to list all the reasons why someone might want help, but I believe I have the skills and insight to help you to begin to make sense of your own experience.
Training & Experience
- I have worked for 20 years with people experiencing a crisis in mental heath in support and management of mental health services.
- I have 6 years experience as a Psychodynamic Counsellor working with people in short-term and open-ended therapy.
- I have training and an ongoing interest in Contemplative Psychotherapy which encompasses Mindfulness and Compassion Focused Therapy.
- Alongside my private practice, I work at the Rock Clinic in Brighton. This is a charitable organization offering affordable therapies to the Brighton community.
- I am also a trained and experianced Cognitive Behavioural Therapist. I have worked at the University of Sussex Counselling Service offering short term CBT therapy to students.
- I am committed to ongoing training and development and more recent training includes Compassion Focused Therapy and Transactional Analysis
- PG Dip Psychodynamic Counselling
- MBACP(Accred) (Accredited Member of the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy)
- Certificate in CBT Counselling (300+hours) at University of Sussex Counselling Service
- TA101 Certificate from EATA (European Association for Transactional Analysis)